Real Estate—Outright Gift
How It Works
- Transfer title of property to the Met
- Receive income-tax deduction for fair-market value of property
- The Met may use or sell the property
- Income-tax deduction for fair-market value of property based on qualified appraisal
- Avoid capital-gain tax on appreciation in value of the real estate
- Relieved of details of selling property
- Significant gift to the Met
For further information, please contact:
Office of Planned Giving
The Metropolitan Opera
New York, NY 10023
Tax ID Number: 13-1624087
This publication was prepared by Pentera Inc., an Indiana business corporation, which is independent of the Met. Pentera is solely responsible for its content, and the Met disclaims all liability. The information is intended to introduce certain concepts, and we caution you not to rely on it for any legal, tax, or other purpose. You should obtain the advice of your own legal and tax advisors before making any gift.
© Pentera, Inc. Planned giving content. All rights reserved.