Gifts of Appreciated Securities
How It Works
- You can send unendorsed stock certificates by registered mail or instruct your broker to make the transfer from your account to our account
- You receive an income-tax deduction
- The Met may keep or sell the securities
- You receive a federal income-tax deduction for the full fair-market value of the securities
- You avoid long-term capital-gain tax on any appreciation in the value of the stock
- Your gift will support the Met as you designate
Special note: You should call or e-mail us to tell us of your intent, and we will be able to assist you with the details of the transfer.
For further assistance, please contact:
This publication was prepared by Pentera Inc., an Indiana business corporation, which is independent of the Met. Pentera is solely responsible for its content, and the Met disclaims all liability. The information is intended to introduce certain concepts, and we caution you not to rely on it for any legal, tax, or other purpose. You should obtain the advice of your own legal and tax advisors before making any gift.
© Pentera, Inc. Planned giving content. All rights reserved.