Cash, Checks, and Credit Cards
How It Works
- You transfer cash to the Met—via a check through the mail or online by debit or credit card
- The Met can put your gift to immediate use or add it to an endowed fund if you so specify
- You receive a charitable deduction
- Your gift is made simply and quickly
- You receive a federal income-tax deduction
- You provide immediate support for the Met
For further information, please contact:
Office of Planned Giving
The Metropolitan Opera
New York, NY 10023
Tax ID Number: 13-1624087
This publication was prepared by Pentera Inc., an Indiana business corporation, which is independent of the Met. Pentera is solely responsible for its content, and the Met disclaims all liability. The information is intended to introduce certain concepts, and we caution you not to rely on it for any legal, tax, or other purpose. You should obtain the advice of your own legal and tax advisors before making any gift.
© Pentera, Inc. Planned giving content. All rights reserved.