Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) or “IRA Rollover” Gifts for Donors Aged 70½ or Older
How It Works
- You are 70½ or older and instruct your plan administrator to make a direct transfer of up to $100,000 to the Met
- Plan administrator makes transfer as directed to the Met
- Your gift is transferred directly to the Met; since you do not receive the funds, they are not included in your gross income*
- Your gift will count towards your minimum distribution requirement, which, under the 2019 SECURE Act, begins at the age of 72
- You support the programs that are important to you at the Met
*No income-tax deduction is allowed for the transfer.
This publication was prepared by Pentera Inc., an Indiana business corporation, which is independent of the Met. Pentera is solely responsible for its content, and the Met disclaims all liability. The information is intended to introduce certain concepts, and we caution you not to rely on it for any legal, tax, or other purpose. You should obtain the advice of your own legal and tax advisors before making any gift.
© Pentera, Inc. Planned giving content. All rights reserved.