Nongrantor Lead Trust
How It Works
- Create trust agreement stating terms of the trust (usually for a term of years) and transfer cash or other property to trustee
- Trustee invests and manages trust assets and makes annual payments to the Met
- Remainder transferred to your heirs
- Annual gift to the Met
- Future gift to heirs at fraction of property's value for transfer-tax purposes
- Professional management of assets during term of trust
- No charitable income-tax deduction, but donor not taxed on annual income of the trust
For further assistance, please contact:
This publication was prepared by Pentera Inc., an Indiana business corporation, which is independent of the Met. Pentera is solely responsible for its content, and the Met disclaims all liability. The information is intended to introduce certain concepts, and we caution you not to rely on it for any legal, tax, or other purpose. You should obtain the advice of your own legal and tax advisors before making any gift.
© Pentera, Inc. Planned giving content. All rights reserved.