Charitable Remainder Unitrust
How It Works
- Create trust agreement stating terms of the trust; transfer cash or other property to trustee
- Trustee invests and manages trust assets and makes payments to income beneficiaries you designate
- Remainder to the Met for purposes you specify
- Payments to one or more beneficiaries that will vary annually with the value of the trust
- Federal income-tax deduction for the charitable remainder value of your interest
- No capital-gain tax when trust is established; property is sold by the trust
- Trust remainder will provide generous support for the Met
For further information, please contact:
Office of Planned Giving
The Metropolitan Opera
New York, NY 10023
Tax ID Number: 13-1624087
This publication was prepared by Pentera Inc., an Indiana business corporation, which is independent of the Met. Pentera is solely responsible for its content, and the Met disclaims all liability. The information is intended to introduce certain concepts, and we caution you not to rely on it for any legal, tax, or other purpose. You should obtain the advice of your own legal and tax advisors before making any gift.
© Pentera, Inc. Planned giving content. All rights reserved.